This is the best curry I have made, I have adapted the recipe from one I found on recipezar, a brilliant source of recipes. The recipe makes 2 generous sized portions.
2 medium onions chopped
4 gloves of garlic finely chopped
1 inch of ginger finely chopped
1 can of chopped tomatoes (440g)
Baby spinach chopped (140g)
Chicken thighs roughly chopped (400g)
4 tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of ground tumeric
1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of garam masala
2 cardamon pods
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Brown the chicken in the olive oil ( I use a large heavy based pan)
2. Remove the chicken and drain away any excess oil/fat from the chicken
3. Wilt the spinach down in a separate pan and strain.
4. Add half the onions and all of the tinned tomatoes to a blender and blend until you have a smooth paste.
5. Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in a small amount of oil in the pan you used for browning the chicken until golden brown.
6. Add the tomato and onion paste to the onions and garlic.
7. Add the salt, coriander, cayenne pepper, cardamon pods and turmeric and cook for 10 mins on a low heat. (I cover the pan at this point)
8. Add the chicken and milk and cook for 10 mins on a low heat.
9. Add the spinach and garam masala and cook for a further 15 mins.
Serve with rice and/or naan bread.